Woman wounded after Qassam hits her home

I was on the phone with a friend when the "Tzevah Adom" sounded just an hour ago. Luckily, I ran to a shelter.

This is what Jpost reported for the most recent Qassam attack.

A 40-year-old woman was lightly to moderately wounded on Thursday after a Kassam rocket fired by Palestinians directly hit a house in Sderot. The woman received medical treatment at the scene before being evacuated to a hospital.

Magen David Adom officials were treating several people who were suffering from shock. Security forces were on their way to the scene. Earlier, Palestinians launched three Kassam rockets causing no casualties or damages.

Just because only one woman was lightly-moderately wounded, over 20,000 people's lives were hurt by this one attack. Qassams affect your thoughts - they influence every action you take.

There is no sense of normalcy in Sderot. I can't even have a peaceful phone conversation with my friend without worrying about the rockets.

I've been here just two weeks, and I already feel signs of anxiety. Every large noise I hear, I jump, thinking it's a boom from a Qassam attack. When I hear a background voice, sometimes I think "Tzevah Adom" is starting.

Here in Sderot, you're always anticipating an attack. It's real scary, but that's daily life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Mensch!

Visiting Sites of the October 7th Massacre: A Personal Reflection

Spreading the Word About Sderot