Tzevah Tzahov - "Color Yellow"


You know what a day without a Qassam means? A good day for tennis!

Stan, 54, from West Virginia, another volunteer at the Sderot Media Center, claimed from the day we met to be a tennis nutt. I, however, downplayed this from the outset, not believing he could take the great Benji Davis on his hallowed ground (Migrash Tennis as they say in Israel).

It was fun and competitive. But for Stan's sake, I won't mention the score. Ha.

So why didn't the terrorists fire any rockets today? Busy at work? Night school? Went to the beach? Took the day off?

Just kidding. They're probably waiting for Israel to enter Gaza again in their defensive actions to stop the Qassam fire on Sderot and the western Negev. As soon as that happens, I'm going to get my umbrella out because it's going to be raining rockets (I'm funny right?).

Anyway, I went to school again today. There is group dancing twice a day during recess- like at Bar Mitzvahs. Dancing, games or organized sport used to occur only a few times a month. But as soon as Qassam rockets became a constant reality, the school made dancing and games a daily activity.

It was so much fun. Look at me go!


Also, Chanel Three of Hot Cable Systems (one of two cable systems in Israel) interviewed me today. They asked me why, from Beverly Hills, would I ever come to Sderot.

Well, if you've been following my blog, then you know exactly what I told them - that we need to help the people in Sderot through volunteering, donating money and spreading awareness. No one knows what's going on down here.

The cameraman and producer looked at me like I was crazy - their faces said, "this rich dude from Beverly Hills came to this crummy town - idiot (Napolean Dynomite voice)". But they did give me two thumbs up nonetheless.

The day just got better for me. Around 6 PM, this dude called me - "Alo Benji, I'm ____ (forgot his name), an Italian journalist". A few minutes later, it's official - I'm taking two Italian journalists around Sderot tomorrow. Pretty sweet huh?

I'll let you know how that goes. Hopefully the Tzevah (color) will stay Tzahov (yellow).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a Mensch!

Visiting Sites of the October 7th Massacre: A Personal Reflection

Spreading the Word About Sderot